Monday, June 25, 2012

BURIAL RITUAL INTERVIEW

Original Posting: February 8, 2011




1. Who are your influences musically?
Since we are a death metal band, mainly we like Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Vital Remains, Deicide for our general style.  We each have our own tastes as well.  I know I am into 80s thrash like Slayer, Dark Angel, Destruction and such.  I also go for death and black metal as well.  Our one guitarist Jerry A.K.A. XVII is into Devil Driver, Dope, Manson and such.  The other guitarist Jay is also into 90s death metal such as Cannibal Corpse, Fleshgrind, Deicide, Death, Morbid Angel and such.  Our bassist is various metal styles from thrash, death and black metal as well.  He likes Death Angel, Incantation, Dark Funeral and such.  Our vocalist Chris mainly into dark death metal and a little black metal as well.  He goes for Vital Remains, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Behemoth and Gorgoroth.  We have a common ground but also have individual tastes as well.



2. When did the band begin its quest in music?

I can sum this question along with question 8.  We began our quest and formed our band in late 2005.  Wev'e been around for a little over 5 years.


3.  How did you come up with the band name?

Before Burial Ritual, we named ourselves Toyz in the Cellar after Rats in the Attic.  We played more typical basement metal at first but went into death metal.  One thing agreed, we needed a death metal name.  Our vocalist and guitarist XVII presented the name to me at the time we were a three man group.  Chris the vocalist had the idea of rituals what after death procedures of dead bodies and such.  Alot of our songs are about these things.

4. Where do you guys practice?

We practice at my house in the basement.  Easy for me with having the drums.

5. Are you currently signed to any record label?

No, we don't have a label.  Me, I feel the same way Lips from Anvil feels, that labels aren't the same anymore and self release is probably the way to go.  But thats just me though.

6. Who are you currently listening to?

Me, I'm listening to Death Leprosy album.

7. Do you have a career outside the music?

Yeah right now I do.  We work, need a way to support the band now.  We dont make money playing yet.

8. When was the band formed?

Just as I explained in question 2.

9. Have you had any scary moments while on tour?

No.  Tour went very smoothly suprisingly.  

10. Where is one place you haven't been in the world and would you like to tour there?

To me, Id like to go to Florida, the birthplace of death metal I call it.

11. What would you say has been your most accomplished thing you've done in your life?

The best thing I can say is playing shows outside of our state of Wisconsin.  We also got the band to the point of promoters chasing us.

12. What is your favorite track off the album Tower of Silence?

Mine would be Fantasy of Rape.  It was a challange writing and playing these insane drum beats but proud of that none the less.

13. Any last questions for me?

If I come up with any questions, I'll ask later on.  It was a pleasure informing you about our band.

No comments:

Post a Comment